The things we don’t talk about enough.
November shines a light on the importance of men’s mental health and men being healthier. Here at Live Well Health Essentials, this is something we take seriously and do our best to encourage awareness of.
A close member of our network here at Live Well Health Essentials has a story that hits close to home and in 2018 was driven to kickstart the Talk2MeBro organisation (#talktomebro), a movement that was created to provide a male-only platform for men to open up about, and share their struggles without judgement or, sadly, ridicule.
#Talk2mebro provides an early intervention program targeted to breakdown the stigma surrounding suicide and empowering men to take control of their mental health.
Unfortunately the statistics behind male suicide are eye opening, according to Movember’s 2021 statistics, we will lose 60 men per hour, to suicide globally.
5 Essentials Tips For Men's Health:
- MAKE MAN TIME Stay connected. Spending time with your friends is good for you. Catch up regularly, check in and make time.
- HAVE OPEN CONVERSATIONS Talk about what’s really going on. Listen. Being there for someone can be lifesaving.
- KNOW THE NUMBERS At 50, talk to your doctor about prostate cancer. If you’re of African or Caribbean descent, or have a family history of prostate cancer, have the conversation at 45.
- KNOW THY NUTS Give ‘em a feel regularly and get to know what’s normal for you. Something doesn’t seem right? Go to the doctor.
- MOVE MORE Get active on a daily basis. Do more of what makes you feel good.
LEARN THEM , LIVE THEM , AND PASS THEM ALONG. - Learn more at Movember.com
This year Live Well Health Essentials has decided not to sit on the sidelines and get behind this cause and will be fundraising for Movember! Being a predominantly female-run company, growing a moustache is not something we can do easily. We are focusing on what we can do easily. We are showing our support by participating in Move for Movember.
The Live Well Health Essentials team here are committing to walking or running 60 kilometres over the course of the month of November.
We are raising awareness as well as funds to their great cause, and having a lot of fun along the way.
You can donate to our Movember team here.
If you would like to follow our journey, our highs and lows, sore legs, sprains and all, then head over to our social media channels. If you aren’t already a follower. Find Live Well Health Essentials on Facebook or Live Well Health Essentials on Instagram.
If you or anyone else you know is struggling with their mental health please ensure you reach out to some of these valuable platforms for support: